july5

July 5th 2016

The morning arrives
and once again I am up
and heading to North London.

My doctor's office is in the same building
as I get my Remicade...
naturally I could not get
the appointments on the same day.

He finally finished filling out
my disability tax credit forms.
So, I went in
and we discussed the ongoing problem
I am having with a couple spots
on my face.

They will not heal.
Originally, he was concerned
as they have lasted for months now.
After poking around
and a bit of family history,
he is sending me off to a dermatologist
as he is concerned about them
being a form of skin cancer.




I am taking this piece of information
very calmly.
WHICH
for anyone who knows me
and the side effects I am most scared of
from these Remicade infusions,
is a pretty big variance
from my expected hysteria.

I came home
had some lunch
and crawled into my bed.
Ever noticed
where your safe spot is?
Mine is asleep.

When I did get up
John and I told Judy
what the doctor had said
and we all had a big conversation
about changes to how much is expected
of each of us in this house.

It was healthy
I think it was time
and the air is clear around here again.

I was ready for bed at 8,
but let John have the bed until almost 10pm,
when I couldn't stay awake anymore.
Judy and I watched a bit of tv
to try to keep me up,
and I had napped
but nonetheless I am exhausted.


So I am saying good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts