july15

July 15th 2016

A day of ups and downs.

An early morning start
so I would be ready
to get over to the CASO station by 10am.
I arrived to find a TON of people
setting up tables.

I was immediately
given the task of tying
the chair covers in place.
Which I did to 100+ chairs.














At this point there was a lull
and no one quite knew what to do next.
There was a huge pile
of misc decorations
and we were told
to go store them in the closet
as they were not going to be needed.

I walked into the second room and found
and archway and pillars
and was told they were unnecessary
and could be stored as well.
I disagreed.
I spent the better part of 3 hours,
with lots of help from Pam and Caroline,
revamping and decorating
the archway into a photo booth.

















We were quite pleased
with the final product,
and so was the bride and groom.

My last effort
was to use a bit more
of the leftover décor
and create the last 2 pillars
into something for the front doors.














By the time I got home I was beyond hot.
I was drenched and tired.
This was only the first problem,
as I drank my first bottle of water,
we realized I had a bit of heat stroke.

I was shivering and nauseaous,
so I spent most of the afternoon,
trying to recover.
By 4pm, I could sit up.
I ate a few crackers,
and Judy and I went to sit outside
in the fresh air.
We had a good time,
playing some Disney trivia.

Now I am going to hit my bed
with a little more gravol on board.


Good night from John Street




Comments

Popular Posts