may31

May 31st 2016

What a wonderful way to end the month.

It has been a rotten health week.
It has been a really HOT week.
I spent the morning pissed
at my husband and daughter.
I have 3 insane pets
who like to play ON TOP of me at 6am.

and then this afternoon happened.



Connie stopped by for coffee.
After a bit of happy conversation,
we decided to go take a peek
at the sale items in Len's Mills.

On the way back into town,
we decided to make a pit stop
at Grand Central Apartments.

5 years ago,
we were comfortably ensconced
at the community room of Grand Central.
After I had a fight with management
about chairs and a Christmas party,
we lost the room and I have felt guilty
VERY guilty for the past few years.

A few months ago,
I realized how much I missed
hanging out with the girls,
crafting and scrapping and gossiping.
We had some amazing days,
and I, amongst others recently
have had many conversations
about how much we miss those days.

and so back to today...

I did go into the office,
Connie with me as my backup.
Judy was quite lovely
and heard me out.
I was so desperate to get the room back,
I actually got on my knees and begged.



THAT is how important it was to me.

In the end,
we have been given permission
to start using the room once again.
I am over the moon about this.
I am so happy to have been able
to put things right
and give everyone back
what I had lost 4 christmas' ago.

Tonight I was out to cheap night at the movies.
Alice through the looking glass.
Well done, fun night with the girls
but mostly a cheap Tuesday kind of movie.
I already have my tickets for NEXT Tuesday night.

Now it is late,
I am exhausted,
pain killers taken
and time to ship my lovely,
hard working hubby off to work.
He was home early today
and spent a few hours
re-shingling our porch roof.

Judy is being tucked in momentarily
after a long night of cleaning her room,
which was a pig sty.

and so
it is time to say
Good night from John Street one more time.





Comments

Popular Posts