may28

May 28th 2016

A tough day
that ended on a high note.

It was a hot and muggy day
and my Crohn's decided to act up too.










Most of the day I spent suffering
on the sofa with a fan.
I wanted to nap
but the body would not fall asleep.
I refuse to continue canceling my plans
when days like this occur.

Judy final got home at 4
with Greg in tow.
They set about to accomplish
some of the tasks I needed done,
but had yet to accomplish...
before the BYO bbq we were having.

BYO bbq?
An inexpensive evening of friends/family!
Everyone brings
whatever they want tossed on the bbq,
and a side dish for the buffet table.

No one has to provide lots,
but the buffet was amazing.
I even got an "OMG these are good"
for my deviled eggs!

Then it was time for dessert!
Judy and Greg had provided
a rhubarb crisp and vanilla ice cream.

After a bit of stomach settling,
John even lit our brand new fire pit,
and we roasted some marshmallows.


Some laughs, good food and friends
and the well received breeze
that finally joined us
made for a wonderful
first BYO bbq of the season,
definitely not the last one.

Once 10pm came,
people started to filter out,
and Judy and her friends decided
to have a camp out in the tent.
I am going to bed......exhausted and sore
but very very happy.


Good night from John Street.



Comments

Popular Posts