may23

May 23rd, 2016

I was headed to bed last night,
when I realized,
I was awake enough
to do a bit of cooking for the week!

So,
I found an online tv program
and set about to making
a mac and cheese casserole
AND
a large mac salad.
I washed all the dishes by hand
and pulled out some sausages
and pancake mix for breakfast,
set the table
THEN
went to bed....




or so I thought!
BECAUSE
when I got up there,
I had to heard animals,
straighten the bathroom,
put away laundry
and find some pjs.

This morning I slept till 10
and by the time I came downstairs,
John had removed the greenhouse
enclosure from the back deck!
WOW




















Before and after!
The car barn in the back
is where we keep the 1926 Essex,
but the goal is a lattice privacy wall
on that side of the deck this year.

The rest of the day
we spent putzing at small stuff.
New screens in the front and kitchen windows,
window cleaning,
fixing the dog door,
straightening the front porch,
making plans for June 5th,
Judy's 19th birthday party
repainting a concrete woodpecker
for the garden area
and checking the Mustang's speakers.

After dinner tonight,
John and I took Shooter for a walk
all the way to the train tracks this time!

It has been a long day
with wonderful weather,
but I got a bit of a burn on my face,
so I am uncomfortable.

Just waiting for Judy to arrive
after her first May 2-4 weekend
camping/bon fire night.
I hear there are lots of pictures
and a new washing machine she got me!

Anyway,
nothing exciting to report,
Good night from John Street






Comments

Popular Posts