may16

May 16th 2016


Cook once, eat all week
is back in the John Street curriculum!

I have not done any BIG
grocery shopping trips for weeks now,
trying to use up leftovers
and freezer foods.

One grocery trip
today for $70
got not only basics
but meals for the week
and I saved $45
using sales and coupons too.

I spent most of this afternoon
prepping, cooking and contain-ering
meals for this week.

We bq'd hamburgers tonight
and ate homemade salads,
JUST as the big storm rolled in.
The clouds were actually black.
5 minutes later,
it was all over again.

Judy was at the cancer clinic
for the bigger part of the day
and then off for dinner with
the boy toy's parents.

John was off today,
up early, he got a few things done
and then had a nap.
Then it was off to mow the lawn,
and then he had a nap.
We ate dinner together
and planted a few bulbs,
and back to bed he went.

I had a visit with Cailyn,
a visit with Connie and Patrick
and a quick stop at Caroline's today.
I feel a bit better today,
its kind of awesome to be able to say
I got out of the house on my own!

John and I did some "Disney"
planning and organization.
Did some figuring
and played tug of war
over a couple issues.
All good now.



Tomorrow
Tony leaves NCIS.
I am very sad.
Happy though I have been invited
to be sad with someone else
who is equally disappointed.
We will comfort each other,
hahhahahha


Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts