jan31

January 31st 2016

Was feeling sorry for myself
first thing this morning
because I felt yucky,
but was invited out
to co-pilot a mission to Michaels.
At first I said no but then realized.....
my tummy was going to hurt
sitting at home OR at Michaels.
So I went.
I did not buy a thing... not one thing,
however I was tempted.

Got home to find my husband
removing the kitchen border.
I suggested we paint last week
and apparently he agrees!
1/2 of the kitchen is ready to go
ALREADY
and tonight we sat down
and actually agreed to a ceiling finish.

The rest of the afternoon
went to FINALLY doing
the last furniture movement
and therefore completing
the tv room challenge.

I then photographed
and started cleaning (already!)
for next weeks living room challenge.
I actually completed one whole wall already.
Before Christmas
John did some of the repairs I wanted,
so, other than cleaning
this should be an easy week of chores.

I also finally gave in
and undecorated the chandelier
in the dining room.
I loved how I did it this year
and I am sad to see it go.
That finished the dining room challenge too.

The scrap challenge is stickers this week.
I used to be a sticker fanatic,
but I have very few now
(that are not put away for a specific purpose)
and those that are just 
a part of my Disney scrapbooking.
Another easy week for me....

I can focus on wallpaper samples and paint chips.

Judy
spent her weekend in the wild.
She shot guns,
peed in bushes,
and was gassed in a gas chamber.

She passed her rifle test
with SNIPER marks!
She also passed the gas chamber test
on her first try.
Needs some practice
shooting standing up
but all in all she did well.

She is exhausted and tomorrow writes
her very last exam of school life.
February 1st is a new start
in more ways than one!

I made a HUGE dinner tonight:
fettuccini alfredo,
chicken parmesan,
mozza sticks,
caesar salad,
garlic bread
and a triple berry galette for dessert.

She was starving when she got home,
she claims (and I quote)
"all the food was grey,
I am not even sure I know what I ate
except the burnt bacon"
and she sat down
and ate 2 helpings of everything!

I have sent them all off to bed early,
full tummies and showers,
so I will spend a bit of quiet time alone
and then make my way up to bed,
to get ready for the start of a brand new month.

Happy February everyone. Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts