jan8

January 8th 2016

It is a weird feeling being middle aged.

Your kids, nieces and nephews,
talk to you like you haven't got a clue,
and have never suffered
like they are suffering.

What you used to find amazing about some bands
are the very reason you hate them now,
and you find at parties
sitting beside the speakers is no longer
your idea of fun.

Dancing is more work than you remember,
if you can even go dance at all.

Talking to older family members,
makes you realize just how old you really are,
and reminds you what is still to come.

Amusing is now when you hear someone say
"you were right" or "I wish I had really heard you"
or "that was a big mistake, I wish someone had told me"

Organizing is all I did today
working on organizing my scraproom.
This is an unbelievably unrewarding chore.
I have organized an re-organized my scrap space
but unfortunately
NOT BEING a multi millionaire
I cannot afford the luxury of ordering
EXACTLY what would be perfect
for the storage of paper and paper embellishments.

I am very lucky to have

all the great stuff I have,
but in the end you open a magazine
and dream of something even better.

John was home by 6
but is back out at 3am
so a quick supper
and the house was all back to me.

Tomorrow I guess I will be continuing
with my organizing
as John will need to sleep all afternoon
so he is well rested for the playstationathon
Jason and him are planning.


Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts