jan2

January 2nd 2016

What a way to ring in the new year.
John had attitude today,
I didn't feel 100% actually it was closer to 60%)
and Judy had her first big relationship conflict.

It has to be hard that first big fight,
but John and I had seen it coming for weeks.

I spent the afternoon
building the 2016 calendar,
cleaning the dining room,
packing up the holiday décor in the tv room,
having the back bathroom
decorations taken down and put away,
and taking down the kitchen tree.
John floated between organizing his wall unit
and playing around out in the garage.

Judy and Greg were off to a bowling party,
while John and I chose to watch
Rush Hour 1 and 2.
The rush hour 3 dvd was acting up
so he headed off
into his newly organized tv room
for some playstation time.

Judy got a late night invite
to her girlfriend's house
before Alex leaves tomorrow
for university again.

Tomorrow promises to be another adventure,
with me hoping to get the kitchen décor
completely packed away for another year
(just the cupboards,
snowflake display and dishes are left)

Right now I am off
to crawl into my comfy warm bed
with my husband and Archie!


Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts