jan20

January 20th 2016

Remicade days tend to be very emotional for me. It brings up all the horror of 2001 and 2011 with very vivid flashbacks of days that seemed to be an endless stream of unanswerable questions, invasive therapies, doctors and lost time.

Getting an IV inserted is stressful (used to be much worse), but the only tears I shed now are at the moment the Remicade drip starts. I think back to the first one and remember Paula holding my hand and saying this would make my life so much better. It was true, but every 6 weeks when it is turned on again, I always feel so scared, of all the possible side effects this drug could be causing me.

Jelly Bean? So far that drug gave me 5 years of tolerable Crohn's disease. I live almost the same as my friends and can enjoy my family and celebrate their accomplishments.

Infusion day is also exhausting. I usually take 2 days to bounce back after Remicade, so although I will try, tomorrow may be just a quiet day her in St Thomas.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts