jan30

January 30th 2016

Saturday.
Usually it begins as a catch up with unfinished projects day here on John Street, but today was deja vu with weekends from 20+ years ago. It was just me and John with some stuff to get done.

John was home around 3 or 4 am, so instead of lounging in bed this morning, I made a quick job of getting dressed and downstairs so he could get a little more sleep.

I had a sudden email to get to the No Frills crop, as tickets to my crop were being requested! So, I popped over and seen some peeps I haven't seen in a while, sold a bunch of tickets, peeked at Scrapbooking Oasis stock and left after about an hour.

Home meant backing my truck up onto the front lawn so we could access the hatch easily and load up the drum kit. Not being used, we sold it. I took a moment to straighten up my poor Blue Pearl, as Judy has not been as careful with her as I am. My poor truck will need some serious tlc in the spring!

Speaking of my daughter!!!
She is off in the bush somewhere, living in a tent, shooting guns and peeing in the bushes! Tomorrow she is being trained in a gas chamber! She loves all this.





I had been piling paperwork, gift cards and job notes on the counter, so after we heard from judy, we grabbed everything and headed out.

TD to balance the accounts, pay Union gas and the 407,
drive to London,
Canadian Tire got us work boots and safety sweatshirts,
Marks Work Warehouse got us more info on his uniform,
Dairy Queen to visit our niece and have some lunch,
drop off the drums,
TSC where we located work gloves, belts and pants,
liquor store for some beer,
Rogers to pay our internet,
Walmart where we got pizza makings and snacks
and finally home again to let Shooter out.

We locked the door, turned out the lights and put on our pjs. It was movie night with pizza and beer. Oceans 13 was pretty good.

Now I am stuffed full of food,
dishwasher is loaded
and I am off to rest up after a lovely, but busy, day!

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts