jan21

January 21st 2016

A house is not a home without.....

How would you finish the sentence?

"A house is not a home
unless it contains food and fire
for the mind as well as the body."
Benjamin Franklin

I feel comfortable with that.
I like my cupboards full.
I like to have the ability to feed
whomever might come to my door.
Keeping everyone in my home comfortable
is my main concern.

Today I cleaned and organized my kitchen.
Tonight I started the process
of restocking my cupboards
and freezer with staples I always have on hand.

It is 10:30 and I am completely exhausted.
A long successful day.
John is in a great mood,
liking his new job
and very thrilled
about getting the run he wanted
starting February 1st.
He will work nights 5pm to 5am.

Judy is busy training with the reserves
and studying for final exams.
We don't see a lot of her right now,
but she is doing excellent
trying to divide what little free time
she has between us, Greg and her friends.

Tomorrow,
I am off to London to finish stocking up
my fridge, freezer and cupboards.



Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts