jan11

January 11th 2016

What an awfully busy day,
with so little real accomplishment.

The day started
with me being completely exhausted!
Last night Judy came home
from Reserve training
to announce that her team had been reprimanded
and had to do 54 push ups!
(normally she can do 5 GOOD ones)
We had dinner with Aunt Sandra,
and then came home.
Shower and bed, she was pooped.

About 11:30
I headed for  snack in the kitchen
and ran into her coming down the stairs,
crying and shaking.
Apparently she had been upstairs
when her chest started hurting
A LOT
and she laid there convincing herself
she was having a heart attack.....
I wrapped her in a blanket
and it took quite a while
to calm her down.
When I showed her online proof
that she wasn't dying,
she could at least laugh at herself.
Then I went and got her
a muscle relaxant and heat pad.
It took until 1 am for her pain
to calm down.

Now fully awake I did not get to bed until 2:30am
as I wanted to check in on her
about an hour after she fell asleep.

This morning I dragged myself out of bed
as I had to be at the cancer clinic for 10:25 am
and when I arrived found out
I was at the wrong hospital all together.
As I had dealt with a particularly snotty nurse
my mood was less than optimal.

I was near where I had to exchange
a brand new bra that broke on the first wearing,
so I hopped over there
and tried to decide what to do.

I had missed the worst part
of Christine's injection (the iv insert)
and I was about 40 minutes away
from where she was.
So I would arrive JUST as it ended.
I debated and in the end
decided to go.
THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!
As it was NOT an infusion
it was her biopsy!!!
They had found another lump on the other side
so she had 2 biopsy's done.
I felt so guilty being late,
but very glad I had come.

I headed back to St Thomas
as it started to snow in London again.
The wind was REALLY cold.
I stopped first at Rogers
and paid some bills (2 of 3 bills),
then off to Freshco to stock up,
JUST IN CASE
they were right about the snow storm.

It took 3 times at the checkout,
but I finally got everything on my list......
First I forgot the tomato juice for 2 recipes,
and then I forgot garbage bags and water!

Fast work of getting home
as the roads were "slippery"
and unloaded the truck.
I was pooped and plunked on to the sofa.

About 3 I headed to the kitchen
to start pre-cooking this weeks meals,
Judy was off to do some laundry
and then off to help
at the grade 8 open house at school.
John was grumpy and we sent him to bed
after stealing all his clothes to get washed.

I managed to complete making:
**spaghetti sauce with meatballs
**homemade mac and cheese
**a double batch of chilli
**made some refried beans for taco night

**diced a whack of onions
**cleaned out the fridge
**loaded and ran the dishwasher

John had a roast in the big crock pot, so dinner tonight smelt YUMMMYYYY! and I had cleaned up after myself so he had the whole kitchen to work in.


That really was the end of my accomplishments, other than talking to a few people on line. I am headed to bed early (8:30pm), with a sleeping pill, hoping for an amazing nights sleep.



Good night from John Street.







Comments

Popular Posts