sept27

September 27th 2015

F
A
L
L


F is for food, and friends, fruit, fun, flannel, fresh, feasts, family

A is for apples, autumn, abundance, acorn, almanac, apron, artsy

L is for lackadaisical, and leaves, labour, laughing, leisure, life

L is for lovely, and lozenges, lunches, laugh, learn, landscape


I celebrate the fact that summer is over. Not that it did not have its good times, fun events and nice weather! It did.

BUT

I love that I can cook in my kitchen without passing out from the heat. I love that everyone's sick of hot dogs and salads, and they are ready for chili and heartier meals. I love that I can ask for work to get done around the yard, without worrying someone will fall down from heat stroke. I love the excitement that comes with a new school year, a new season, fun holidays to start preparing for and the fun of wearing clothes, not choosing the clothes with the least material!

Tonight was our pre-thanksgiving dinner. Working out kinks, and enjoying so much fresh food available right now.

BUT

I did too much...
ate too much...
enjoyed too much...

and its time to put the last load of dishes in the dishwasher and head to bed.

Hard to believe that in 4 short days I will be saying good night to you while welcoming the arrival of October!

Good night from John Street.




Comments

Popular Posts