sept25

September 25th 2015

When did it become such a challenge to do things?

Years ago,
What was expected from a wife who stayed home,
was much more difficult than what I have to do now!
I would have been a terrible farmers wife,
and in the 50's I would have had to have Alice,
like Mrs Brady or I am sure John would have
kicked me to the curb!

Today,
If I make the bed,
I am pretty proud of myself.
My housekeeping standards bite!
The last time I (personally) washed the front windows,
I cannot say!
I think about it.
I want it done....
but somehow,
organizing movies or washing dishes
makes me forget again.

I am hoping tomorrow is a catch up day.
A 100 different 5 minute jobs.

Today,
I did not get much done that was amazing.

I got up!
Bed made... check.
Laundry... check... and put away... check.
Mango pork dinner... finally.
Kitchen clean... check.
Walked Shooter... check.
Made teen do chores... check.
Cleared dining room table... check.
Gassed up the vehicles... check. (still .88 cents by Michaels)

Spent a quiet evening at home alone.
It was lovely.
John will be home at some point tonight,
and Judy will be home after the football game.

Good night from John Street.






Comments

Popular Posts