sept21

September 21st 2015

It's good to have friends of all ages, skill levels and abilities.

I awoke this morning feeling not much better than bedtime last night.
BUT
I got up, made the bed, got dressed and came downstairs. The effort to do this was monumental! So, when I grabbed the paperwork, and USB stick and headed out to the library BY FOOT, no one was more amaze than me.

I got a computer right away, and learned that the 100's of Disney letters I had, were in an obsolete program! UGH

An immediate call to Jason went in, but alas, he was not yet available online.

As a last effort to get these 60+ letters written in time for Connie's vacation, I called Pam.
I headed over to learn HER computer would not open them, but the hubby's would. The problem was, his computer wa not hooked up to a printer. So sending the letters by email to hers... well it wasn't going to work because her computer could not open the file.

H-E-L-P Timmie!!!!!
As fast as a bullet, her son popped over and figured out what the problem was!
Jason, now available had a backup plan in case we needed one.

I settled in to change each letter to a different type of document, and then to personalize enough character letters, so the family would each get one EVERY day of their Disney vacation.

After 4 hours, they were all ready to print.
I sent them to the printer, and only some actually printed. Really??? Ok. Go through each stack to see which one is missing.
Finally all were printed and I could get out of Pam's way.

Got home, folded and numbered all the letters, as each letter is not only personalized but refers to events and reservations for each day. Judy sealed them and Greg ran them through the plates to emboss a mickey head on the seal of each letter.

Thankfully by 7pm, everything was completed, and Connie can get them packed for her vacation in a couple days!

Stuffed peppers and pasta for supper, and the kids went for a walk while I loaded the dishwasher.
 I am sitting quietly, in a mostly clean house, lit by candlelight, reflecting on how many people helped me get this job done, just so 2 children (and 2 big children), could receive a little something special each day of their vacation.

I think tonight will be another early night for me.
Although it was mostly a sit down day, it really was NOT the bedrest John had wanted me to have.

Oh, and gotta love my mechanic. The Blue Pearl is ready for action again. New ac unit (charged too), oil change, flange finally fixed and. Exhaust repaired.

Good night from John Street.



Comments

Popular Posts