sept23

September 24th 2015

I am tired.

Ugly o'clock in the morning came and I had to be up for the Roger's guy to come and install internet for the house. 8-10am! ugh.

Next it was off to buy a wifi printer for the house. Indeed you may have noticed we are slowly moving into at least the end of the 19th century around here. The one I wanted was too big for where I wanted to put it. arrrrghhhhh. Matthew the very nice man who helped me with all this technical stuff this week, was very polite. I was happy in the end with a printer with ALMOST all the functions of the one that I went in for.

Back to the house. Slowly I got the computer geekdom table of people in my house fed. One by one, as they arrived I made them each a fresh Spanish omelette. I was already tired by noon, but set up my new printer anyway.

Back to work I went. Downloading all the programs, entering passwords etc for all these new programs, while Greg fooled around with deleting all the crap on his laptop, Judy was learning to use her new tablet and Jason, there for moral support and rockets, played games and fielded questions. Geek speak and gamer talk is about as interesting to me as trucker talk! I was edgy and irritable as well as tired now.

Judy is off her crutches now, hobbling around in the air boot.

At 7pm, I was told to go spend some "alone time" in peace and quiet. So I drove out to London to Michaels. I wanted baskets I could use under the sofa to store all the dvd's and VHS tapes (until I find replacements). I almost had a heart attack when the one that would fit perfectly, was $29.99 and I needed 8! Then, I noticed the 50% off in stock baskets AND I had a coupon for another 20% off last night! Yay me.

To celebrate my find, and spend a little more noiseless time alone, I called Judy and told her to have dinner without me. I stopped at KFC for a chicken bowl which I was craving. I love that the KFC by Michael's is attached to a Taco Bell, so I also ordered a double decker taco!

Happy with my dinner choice I turned the truck onto Wonderland Road and BOOM! a new Burger King! with chicken nuggets for $1.69. I went in the drivethrough and ordered the nuggets, a strawberry shake and an apple turnover. I guess I really didn't know what I wanted, but the nuggets were munched and gone by the time I got home.

EXTREMELY exhausted now, I ate my taco and apple pie and threw the KFC bowl in the fridge for lunch. I crawled (literally crawled) up the stairs and fell on the bed. I swear I had the quickest shower ever and passed out.

Good night from John Street (the next morning)

Comments

Popular Posts