Sunday October 19th 2014

I find this so amazing.

My world is filled with decisions. I make my decisions based on what "I" want and what "I" think is the correct path for me and my little family.



Does this mean I am right? that there is no other way? NO!!!!!!


My way of doing things makes sense to anyone else who has a bit of anal OCD about things, loves all things Disney, requires order to exist, angers quickly, would choose to do anything to help someone, is creative, loves their family and friends, and who likes to be spontaneous (in an organized sort of way). My path was designed for ME by ME!



I choose NOT to have tv/satelite/netflicks in our home. There are NO tvs in our bedrooms and no computers hiding upstairs. I choose NOT to keep up on world events and local politics. I was DRAGGED into having a phone. I choose FAMILY events rather than individual appointments. I LOVE big sunday meals. That in no way means everyone I meet needs to do what I do! In fact just because it works for me and makes me happy, in no way defines if it will work for others.

I wonder sometimes if it is me or others who misinterpret what is said. For example if I explain what I do with leftovers after a turkey dinner, I don't want you to try it because I do it, nor does it mean you should! I actually want to pass on the satisfaction of how the end result makes me feel! I hope to give inspiration as I have taken inspiration from others.

I like it when something works. I like it when I find a way not to waste what I have or have been given. I try to take something from everything I am told... good, bad, stupid, obnoxious just not hateful or mean. (If you know me well, I have even been known to take something from those as well sometimes) I want to learn from not only my mistakes, but avoid the mistakes I see on the path others choose to take. I want to live by my own rules, be respected for my own decisions, never will I allow myself to be pigeon holed. (again)






Today I read an article. In 2000 the average (american) had an attention span of 12 seconds! 12!




Just saying "Hi! My name is Debbie Shannon, I am married and have a beautiful teen daughter." takes 6 seconds! In 2013 the average dropped to 8 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am appalled!

So I took this test.

http://psychologytoday.tests.psychtests.com/take_test.php?idRegTest=3361

I scored 71 out of 100 and I was honest. (no sense in lying if I wanted to know.)
It seems low to me, but I know where I had faults in the questions and I am aware of those traits and I consciously work hard sometimes to curb them. My problem is I can focus on too many tasks at once! I am able to listen to 2 conversations at once usually. I am a multi tasker.

I wonder how many of my friends will take this test?

How many of us will take the time... to work in personal visits, not a quick chat via skype or internet? How many of us will take the time to send Christmas cards (real ones! while we still have postal service) not just a post on facebook? and how many of those will have personalized notes in them? How many will have letters?

I am very thankful that I have facebook and email. I can stay connected in good weather and bad, and talk to people near and far.
BUT
I am more thankful that my group of friends likes faceTIME more than faceBOOK!!!!! I am thankful for roadtrips and shopping days. I am thankful for smash book nights and crops. I am thankful for recipe swap samples and hugs when I am dealing with the bad days. I am thankful I have so many things to be thankful for.

I am going to consciously add some extra "time" to my schedule. Every wednesday night after canteen, I sit for almost 1 hour doing nothing. I think I will try to devote that 1 hour to making contact with a family member by emailing them a letter, writing a letter or calling them. One small thing, to keep me from becoming just another dumb old goldfish.

Good night




Comments

Popular Posts