Monday October 13 2014

Happy Thanksgiving (again)

So the first fall holiday meal has been organized, eaten and cleaned up. Memories of past years holidays remembered and plans for the next big family holiday starting to take form. We like to think of Thanksgiving here as the test run for the big Christmas dinner. Once everyone is sat down you remember why you have 2 bowls of everything on the table, why you only need a small amount of squash and that you forgot to make carrot jello.

This year we were invited to Thanksgiving at my sister in laws. (yummy yummy stuffing btw Dave). Christmas Eve is at my Nephew and new Niece 's home in Lucan and at my parents'. For the first time in I do not know how long I am not in charge of a family meal on either side!

After dinner, we all sat down and discussed a bit about Christmas. I buy gifts for everyone. I have extra gifts under the tree. I enjoy giving and receiving a thoughtful present. BUT I do not wish for anyone to go broke trying to "keep up with the Jones'". For that reason, the LDO ladies have discussed gifts that fall under the "useable and under $5" category or "homemade". This is a great way to handle the objections of gifts during the holidays.


For that reason, I started searching for sites that would help ME stay on track with that in mind. It is surprising that so many ideas popped up all at once on my computer. One linking me to another.


I added the ones I found here because I found some WONDERFUL ideas I would love to receive on them! Not all are gems. But I certainly did love:

http://lilluna.com/75-gift-ideas-5/
Gift Ideas under $5
Picture Magnets, Mason Jar Oil Lamp and DIY Teacup Candles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://lilluna.com/75-gift-ideas-for-under-2/
Gift Ideas under $2
Tin Can Lanterns, painted cork hot plates, glitter magnets and the Thumbtack Candles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://lilluna.com/10-easy-christmas-gift-ideas/
EASY gift ideas
Anything edible always makes the short list for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.architectureartdesigns.com/40-easy-things-to-do-with-mason-jars/
WOW I would never have thought....
I like the little pies, kids jars, terrariums and painted jars with glue gun words!

I love receiving homemade gifts, especially edible ones! I am inspired now. I seen quite a few ideas that I may adopt as gifts this year! SO many amazing ideas and so little money spent..........

I CHALLENGE YOU to the same idea! I would so rather give/receive a gift that told a story than a gift that was bought/received out of obligation.


Tonight, we celebrated

Aunt Sandra's 74th birthday at Pizza Hut
she was surprised by many guests
and wonderful gifts

and her 3 favourite men.



She smiled all night long. I "think" she had a great evening. We all enjoyed the dinner, the company and the cupcake cake.

Tomorrow is LDO possibly and a return to everything normal, INCLUDING laundry.

Good night



Comments

Popular Posts