October 9th 2014

I woke up early and headed for my scrap table after I packed up my items in the bedroom.  It was our last day. It is always bittersweet when a holiday ends.



Pam feels 3 days are not enough so it moved to 4. Personally I think 7 would be good.

After creating a few more layouts I decided I needed lunch.



Today no meals are planned as we use the leftovers as a buffet. Once again that plan was perfect and the assortment on the table was vast.

It is hard to tell, when you are on your last day of vacation, when it is time to actually start packing up the cottage and admit it is over.

I love my packing system. Everything I bring has a home! It never changes. So when I pack up it is a method, and usually happens very quickly, which was the case today. I packed all my totes into the truck and advised my 2 passengers to do the same. We were the first done.






I reminded my passengers it was an absolutely beautiful day to sit on the dock so they did. Although it has been nice this week, it has been ALMOST too cold and windy to sit and enjoy the dock. Today was exceptionally beautiful.






After finally figuring out the camera timer, we got a photo of everyone and the "blue pearly" was headed out at 4:40pm with Maggie (my GPS) leading the way. She chose to head for the 402 to get us home. Fine with us, the scenery was pretty and the sun was shining. On our way into St Thomas, we stopped for 5 minutes and said welcome back to Charlotte, I dropped off Sharon and Connie and stopped in at Pizza Pizza to say hi to Judy and order a pizza. I was in the house by 7pm being attacked by a beagle who had missed me.

Watched a little NCIS, unpacked my clothing suitcase and when Judy got home, we caught up on our weeks, I was exhausted but stayed up till midnight catching up with what has been happening around here. And now I am giving in. Midnight.

Good Night

Comments

Popular Posts