October 15th 2014

Kind of a surprising day.



According to all the data I have collected over the past 4 years, the day before remikade is usually a day for sofa surfing. Usually I am lethargic, drowsy, indisposed and uninclined to accomplish anything.



Today that was not the case.

When I got up, I got busy. My room got cleaned, my bed got made and I headed down to start straightening the main floor of the house, which included washing the back bathroom floor! I made events for upcoming weekends, a new Disney swap and I managed to cook dinner too. At 6pm I was off to cadet canteen. Man that armouries is H-O-T !!!!!!!! We decided on a snack of a sub and finally we were home.

The idea that tomorrow will make 4 years of remikade. The amazing difference this has made in my life is only obvious to me. Without the medical insurance we have (thank god) and the extra coverage we receive from Remikade themselves, we would NOT be able to afford the $5200 charge every 6 weeks.

A lot of the symptoms of Crohn's are invisible. Almost everything is inside where no one can see, but anyone who knows me well or has seen an attack come on, can see it on my face, even when I think I am doing a good job of hiding it.


So thank you for everyone's support throughout everything that happened since January 2011.

Sometimes just knowing someone is there is enough.






Good night.


Comments

Popular Posts