October 22nd 2014





Reactions.

No one has any real control over HOW they react to an event or news.






Everyone has an opinion,
Everyone has a reason for why they react the way they do.

No-one will understand perfectly, even if it is explained.

Fear, worry, sadness, memories, hate and sometimes bad information
all have a part in any human's reactions.

My "reaction" to today's news is the same as my reaction to any tragedy. However in the back of my mind the terror that my daughter will be a part of that world and in that particular area next year, scared me.

My answer to this is ignorance. My ignorance is my bliss. I want to know as little as possible.

I choose to do the same thing with news about the horrors of trucking. If I don't know, then I do not have to worry.

Unrealistic? yes.

BUT..... stress is a major contributor to Crohns.

I also do not have any interest in politics and the awful side of the human population.
I told John today.... I like my purple clouds and leprechauns.
I wish not to sound callous.
I mourn for those involved and their family.
I mourn the fact that it happened in my country, my province!

I also mourn for the illusion of peace we used to take for granted.

I mourn for the assumption of safety of everyone in uniform.

Good night

Comments

Popular Posts