April 6th 2021

So I have not recently
Checked in with a christmas
Through this year check in.

Currently:
The living room has 
3 fully decorated trees
-one of which is on a VERY
"Run-way like" corner
And the cats have managed to
Knock it over, while zooming,
About 10 times.
Also we will note
That a blue velvet tree skirt
Is a cat hair magnet
When they love laying on it.

Otherwise we are unscathed
In the living room.

The dining room has only 
1 full sized tree
And other than being in the way
Very occasionally,
And the angel falling off one day,
It is doing fine.

The kitchen tree 
Is screwed to the wall
So other than the kitties
Knocking a couple ornaments off
We are looking good there too.

The front porch tree
Has been slowly collecting
Odd holiday ornaments.

What I have been irritated by
Is random items!
The runner on the table,
The Christmas cookie jar,
The Santa on the freezer!

Otherwise
We are doing well.

Today was a kick in the pants day.
I spent the first week of march
Ecstatic about a "happiness" discovery
Then lost my momentum
Because I was ill, I was exhausted
And not to END a month without 
A bang - I bashed my head into the dresser.

I am still not driving
But feeling better.

I have moved my meds around a bit
And that has helped 
With the exhaustion.

I am determined to eat better.

I am determined to be 
More focused on the task
Than on the end result.

I need to enjoy more.
I need to find my joys again.

I managed to deal with
4 (four) loads of laundry today,
3 loads of dishes,
Pick ups, a 2pnt meeting,
The happiness project work,
Clean, straighten and organize
5 rooms today
Before I got a mild headache.
Stopped and sat down.

Today's recipe was caprese chicken.
Yum!!!
I did not think it would be
Anything special, but yummy!
We had picnic salads 
and fresh bread too
While we watched a comedy show.

A quick clean up
And straighten up,
I got my laundry put away
And then was in bed by 9:10pm.
I am going to start reading again,
Sorry archie and jughead
So I am setting up a new schedule
For my body to get used to.

I have 2 weeks of safety
Lock up to find myself
A new way of attacking life
With a sense of purpose and joy.

Today was a good start.

Good night from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts