april 21st, 2021

I detest alarm clocks
But heeded that blasted sound
(Mine is a rooster crowing btw) 
Got up and dessed
To head downstairs.

I got a total of 5 minutes
To fully wake up before
My 2 great nephews arrived.

The first plan was a snowman
At my mom's before the snow
Melted completely away.
Fun time, mom happy,
Me? I had to rake the snow
Because my phone 
fell out of my pocket!
Arrrrghhhhhh
Could have been easier
If the battery had not 
Shut down from being cold.
All good and it is working fine.

Off to make a curbside pick up
At Canadian tire,
Discussing the proper ways
To say "I do not like" as
The youngest one says it
About everything
Then back home.
We had some hot drinks
And electronics (Holy fight time)
Were put away for the day.

So we played tic tac toe,
Then I taught them hangman,
We did some drawing - each taking
A turn to draw something
Into a large picture - hysterical.
Scrambled eggs were requested
For lunch and then a little
Meltdown because I did not
Give in on the "no electronics".

Tantrum over
We headed into the kitchen
To read through a cake recipe.
We made Smores cake
While they learned how to 
Measure and use a few tools.

Then onto banana bread!

All cleaned up
We waited to taste test the cake.
Yummmmm

While waiting for it to cool
We took a break in the living room
Talking about odd kid kind of things.

Once the cakes cooled,
I threw on some vanilla icing
And the boys were given sprinkles
To decorate the top of their
Half of the cake.

Just tidied up and...
There was mom,
I went for a nap!

When I came down
We decided on chicken pot pie
With fries and gravy.

Really that was it for me.
I crashed in front of the tv
And headed for bed at 9:30.

Good night from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts