OCTOBER 9

October 9th 2017

Happy Thanksgiving Day.

I was up at 3am,
Letting the dog out,
Straightening the kitchen and cleaning up.
I hate being sooo awake
And tired at the same time!

I slept in until 10:30
once I finally got to sleep.
Up and sore.
Robaxacet time.
I was going to make it
through today no matter what!
There was turkey and pie!

John was in a grand mood,
and we headed over to Mom's
early in case
she had fallen behind.

We arrived and she happily sang out
Happy Thanksgiving in her pyjamas!

Not much left to prep,
just get stuff warming in the oven
and wait for guests.
So the three of us filled in our 
Thanksgiving Christmas lists.

Guests started arriving
and soon we were carving turkey
and loading the table.
YUM
I love a big dinner.
I would have this EVERY Sunday.

After everyone announced
that they were stuffed,
I quickly emptied the gravy, veggies
and potatoes into the awaiting
casserole dish filled
with cooked ground beef.
Instant shepherds pie.

The turkey (already deboned)
was bowled with some gravy for Mom
and some to-go baggies made up
for others to take home.

Desserts out,
we had pumpkin, pecan and apple pie
along with homemade shortbread
and butter tarts.

Clean up was a breeze.
I loaded the "regular" dishes etc
into the dishwasher,
while Judy hand washed
the good china and silverware.

Soon the kitchen was back to normal.
One headed for a nap,
one headed off to do laundry,
two headed off to work on the 
"tree that had no lights - but really did"
and Dad and I made some plans
for his holiday shopping and crafting.

By 7 Dad had had enough,
and was ready for the ride home.
John took him.
I helped finish up the final bit
of straightening
and left Mom to hit her bed....
she was pretty pooped.

Home again,
we had turkey sandwiches
and I realized I did not take one photo!
arghhhhhhhh

Now,
I have to head for bed. 
I have an oil change 
first thing in the morning.
Then quilting
and finally an Octoberfest pub night
tomorrow night....
yup tis week is no more sane 
than last week was.


Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts