OCTOBER 19

October 19th 2017

I think it's kinda funny,
When people tell me,
I am planning my holidays
WAY too early.

Here's the thing...
Aren't I glad that I do?????

Last year at this time,
My parents were living
In a different city
With absolutely no thought
To moving from their
Custom built,
Handicap accessible home.

ONE month later,
They not only decided to move,
But bought a condo!!!
And we're moving
One more month later.

Dad was placed into
A retirement home because
He asked for that to be done!
We did not believe he really
Actually wanted that,
So we sent him off
For 6 weeks respite.

1 year ago
I had just brought him
Down to St Thomas for this.

Now we fast forward to this year,
When,
We were out shopping,
Dad too,
And Mom got the call!

She is having surgery Dec 1st!
They are replacing her first knee.

Welcome to my world
Of lists and calendars
For the next 2 months.

So much to do.
And work into a schedule
That won't kill me.

I have to use my time
Much more wisely now,
And organize my trips out.

Such is my life!
Never a dull moment.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts