OCTOBER 10

October 10th 2017

Ugly o'clock again today.

An oil change
booked six months ago,
at 9am in London seemed reasonable.
Today,
it seemed like a really dumb plan.

I tried to take the Wonderland extension
and ran into beloved construction
which sent me down a pot holed
dirt road.
I arrived and there were
8 cars waiting ahead of me.
But they bake fresh cookies for us.

Finally done at 11am
and my car was in great shape
and they washed it too.
I headed to Party City
and failed finding Octoberfest hats.
Off next to Dollar Tree,
where I found 80% of what
was on my to-pick-up list.

It was next to a Freshco,
so I grabbed the dog food
and the ground beef from the list.

I did hop over to Dollarama,
and found a few more of the items
that I wanted to get into stock.

Drove home avoiding
the construction to save my car wash.
Pit stop at the St Thomas Dollarama
for a few more items London ran out of.

Finally home again,
I just looked around and instantly
became a weird, crying mess.
I was overwhelmed, tired
and totally lost a handle
on my self control.

I need a little time and tlc,
and then I can "maybe" face
what a large mess I have made
being so busy for 4-6 weeks.

At 6 I headed over to pub night
with Dad as I had promised.
Octoberfest pub. 
It has been one year
since Dad moved to Valleyview.

I only stayed an hour
and came home for some supper.
My big plan is bed and sleep.

Tomorrow is the big day,
we are taking Mom zip lining.



Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts