OCTOBER 8

October 8th 2017

Oh my!
I could barely move
when I finally dragged myself 
out of bed this morning.
EVERYTHING hurts.

Off to Valleyview,
only to meet up with a grumpy old man!
I warned Dad that I was very tired
and if he was in a bad mood 
I was headed back home.
I do not think he believed me
until I grabbed my purse.

Suddenly his attitude changed.
I think he was surprised
that I was very serious this time.

We went to mass,
and after John snapped my back
at least some of the pain
was under control!

Lunch was made by Mom
and we had roast beef sandwiches.
Lots of chatter about the coming week,
and we headed home about 1pm.

We grabbed what Mom needed
for tomorrow's big meal 
which included the roaster
and the turkey!

We worked for 2 hours
at Moms getting things ready.
We prepped
the whole meal for tomorrow,
cleaned a little and got the 
Thanksgiving lists and pens
onto the table for filling out.

I left and headed out
to the beer store and then stopped
and ordered pizza to be delivered.

I got home
and found John cleaning!
We emptied the car, 
and got the kitchen halfway
back to normal again, 
before dinner arrived.

We spent the evening
with our feet up relaxing.

Tomorrow is the big turkey day.
So I sat down and made
6 place cards for the dining table.

Now its time to hit the sheets
and rest up for a turkey feast.
I am looking for elastic waisted pants
so I can stuff my face with turkey,
mashed potatoes and gravy,
and pumpkin pie and whip cream.

Happy Thanksgiving Weekend

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts