AUGUST 28

August 28th 2017

A late start
even though I had big plans today.

Up by 10am....
and man I worked for 3 straight hours
and got caught up fast.
22+ chores were completed by 1pm.

Later this week there is a LOT happening.
So I will be running around!
This weekend we celebrate
my parents 55th wedding anniversary.

A friend and I are making wreaths
for this holiday season
and went and picked up 50 frames.
As we were getting in the truck,
a very small sparrow was standing 
on the driveway in my way.
I tried to shush him away
but instead he hopped up on my finger!

I tried putting him in the nearby tree,
but he wouldn't have any of that,
so I placed him on the little deck
behind the tree where we assumed
he had fallen out of the nest.
I turned to go 
and he hopped up on my shirt.

We decided that obviously he felt safe
and was orphaned as during all this
there was no screeching at all from MOM
so I decided to bring him home.

He was starved and quickly munched down
4 crushed cheerios!
We had a hollow log
and made a mini nest with some food,
and put him out in the pond area.
Lots of protection, food, water
and other sparrows.

I walked away and by the time 
I reached the patio,
John was laughing at me....
the little guy was busy hopping along 
behind me, following across the yard.

Ok,
so back he goes, and I left him once more.
This time the female sparrows
could hear his crying
and soon we had a tree full of helpers.
We seen him flying short distances
and happily it looked like
the local sparrows took him in.

The rest of the day was less exciting.
A few more chores,
I made a curry chicken supper (finally)
and we watched tv.

Now it is time for John to start 
getting ready for another week of nights.



Tomorrow I hope
to be a little more efficient 
ALL day not just in the am. Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts