AUGUST 22

August 22nd 2017

What a day.
I slept well even though
I was up a few times during the night
because Shooter wanted out.

Up and stripping the bed
was my first chores,
and John was home early,
so he helped remake the bed
**partly cause he wanted in it!

I was off to the main floor
to throw a load of laundry in,
when I noticed
"BFM 9-12"
written on the calendar!
Hmmmmmm
Did I make a date with someone?
Was there a sale?
BFM=Bibles for Missions......

So,
I hopped into my car
and headed over at 10:30.
Nope, not a sale.
Hmmmmm

Pam met up with me 
and I rang through my purchases
GREAT deal
on items for the centerpieces
for the 55th anniversary coming up.

We headed out for lunch
and split up to go conquer
our private to do lists.

I grabbed a birthday cake,
some coke (I was out),
and then over to get some ribbon.

Success had me home by 2.
John was up already.
I finished decorating the cake,
packed up for quilting class,
and got to sit until 5pm!

I made 16 centerpiece ribbons
while sitting watching tv.
John had some dumb Marvel comic
show on and I was less than interested.

My week to drive,
I headed over to pick up one
and then the other.

We arrived in plenty of time.
Anne was very surprised we had cake
AND presents too!
She finished her quilt panels
by applying the glitter tonight.
Mom had help tonight
and finished painting all hers.
Next week she will glitter!

We left about 9:30
when Mom announced 
"we were needing ice cream"
so she bought sundaes at McDonalds.
FUN
we had a lovely young man,
new to the register help us.
YUM
it was just the thing to end the day.

Headed home to drop everyone off,
missed seeing John by 5 minutes.
The zoo animals were happy to see me.

Headed up to my lovely cool bedroom.
I plan to finish
my Dean R Koontz book tonight.

At least I can say I finished THAT today.



Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts