AUGUST 20

August 20th 2017

Family lunch at Valleyview
and my turn to make it.

I decided on make-your-own pitas.
Yummy but epic fail as the pitas
just fell apart on everyone.
We finished with cherry pie.

We sat in the center courtyard today,
and it was really nice.
Hung a hummingbird feeder
right outside Dad's window too.

We headed to Mom's 
and while I pinned her pants
and skirt for hemming,
John brought up some donations
as they are picking up on Tuesday.

Home again,
I had planned to go to bed,
as I had barely slept last night.
Tossing, turning and leg cramps.

But instead,
John and I went to work
on the garden shed again.
We managed to finish all the siding,
cut up all the remnant wood pieces,
create a stone garden
and pile all the wood neatly.

John raked up the side yard
while I finished making
a chicken, mashed potato and pea supper,
WITH homemade gravy,
which we ate outside because
IT WAS SUCH A NICE NIGHT
and
we could admire all the work we had done.

The kitchen got cleaned up,
2 leftover meals
and a pot of chicken and gravy
to make curry chicken later this week.
While  I did this,
John did a bit of maintenance 
on our goldfish pond.
Low water and dirty pump.

I have since showered
and cleaned up the bedroom.
Early night
I have Remicade in the a.m.
Yup, already.
4 weeks goes by so fast.

Should have some sleepy peeps here,
we worked outside all day
and the animals were with us
running around like crazy.


Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts