AUGUST 13

August 13th 2017

What a roller coaster today was!

We decided to take Dad
for a road trip.
He had asked a few weeks ago
to go see the neighborhood
back in Strathroy.

So when I arrived I had the nurses
get him ready 
while Mom waited for CAA
because the van's battery was dead. (1)

He seemed very excited 
and once he was ready and packed to go,
he raced around the center island
a few times... we clocked him
and it takes him 45 seconds at top speed.

John and him chatted 
and when Mom arrived with the van
suddenly his mood changed,
and he claimed not to feel 100%.... (2)
but he transferred in fine
(I personally think transferring
makes him nervous)
and we packed everything to get going.

His first choice of stops
was a frosty from Wendy's.

Down Talbot St, Col Talbot Rd
and off to Delaware we went.
He was smiley and actually named
all the towns we were going through!
Tink sat on his lap
and it was a nice breezy day
so no a/c just open windows.

We went through Mt Brydges
and through Strathroy
up to Kerwood the back way.
The road has been paved ! wow.
First Stop was Leo's and they 
were very happy to see them.
Next stop was Stacey's
and I thought she was going to cry
when she realized who they were.
We tried the Minton's
but they were out today.

Dad stayed in the van 
so he did not have to transfer 900 times.
We continued up the side roads
and ended up in Sarnia
planning to have Global donut 
apple fritters but they were sold out. (3)
*** don't worry we still had donuts.

Dad announced he was hungry
and as it was HIS road trip
he was allowed to choose,
which was KFC.
We located one and bought lunches.
The PLAN was to continue to the river
and have a picnic on the St Claire Pkway.
but instead,
Dad through a temper tantrum (4)
in the parking lot as we were loading.
He watched as Mom said 
"I am closing the door"
and we were tucking a pillow
between his shoulder and the door.
He didn't move his hand
from the sliding track.
THIS was everyone else's fault
and a mini fight broke out.

I turned to John and said time to head back
and handed lunches out.
Now Dad wouldn't talk and was pissed.
He ate his 2 chicken strips 
and tossed the box at me (5)
saying he was done.
I allowed it for a few minutes 
and silently handed him his fries back.

He would NOT speak until 
we were back on Col Talbot Rd!
I swear he is can be bi-polar
because then he was perfectly fine again.
*** for a minute anyway.

We got back to the home,
and started the process of unloading,
when he announced he "had nothing" (6)
and would not transfer.
This caused another mini war.
John lifted him and put him in his chair
after they tried to coax him
to do it... with no success.

He geared up and left us in his dust (7)
to go inside... I did get a thank you though.
Not sure about anyone else.

I had hoped he would make more memories
than arguments.....
but after all he is male.

We divided up in our vehicles
and came home.
I swear John and I could have gone to bed
right then and there.

At just after 5
we both headed up got cleaned up
and off to London.
I had to pick up a Tupperware piece
and we had a funeral visitation too.

Quick work of accomplishing all that,
and we were headed home again.

This time
I put on my pjs
and went to bed with a movie.

I have relaxed all night
and hope for
an accomplishing day tomorrow.

John is off to get his car serviced
and then helping Mom with lattice 
on her deck surround.

Looks like P&Q for me for a bit tomorrow.


Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts