AUGUST 17

August 17th 2017

Sometimes
the hope
the belief
the prayer
that you have for a good day
is not enough.
Sometimes
it is just meant to be
a good day
or an average day
or a jump back in bed and hide day.

Today was rainy.
I like rainy days.

Donut day with Dad at Valleyview,
some errands around town,
got speakers for the in house
Sirius radio that finally arrived,
and premade supper for John...
Cobb salad.

He was home very late today
and I had no idea (8pm)
when he would be getting up,
so I didn't want
a really heavy dinner waiting.

I headed back to Valleyview for pub night
only to find Dad had just gone to bed.
He forgot he invited me,
and wasn't feeling great.
I was leaving when Jessie and Ferne
caught me and insisted I stay anyway.
We had a hoot at the table
with our cute waiter.

I headed home,
arriving in plenty of time
to get John his supper and dessert
of coconut cream pie!

I did accomplish
ALMOST everything
on my to do list today,
even helped Mom get some off hers!

Speaking of Mom,
she took her first card class tonight.
She mentioned wanting to try
and an astute lady in our group 
found an inexpensive class quite quickly.

Well
I am sending John
off to work momentarily
and heading to bed!
I can't believe tomorrow is Friday!


Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts