JAN 27

January 27th 2017

Today:
I slept in.
I did not rush to do things for others.
When invited out said yes,
without feeling the need to invite everyone
in case they felt left out.
I had a good time,
and stayed mostly on task,
without buying to fill a void.
...
Came home
and did not resort to anger
when something I wanted to do as a couple
was turned down.
I did it anyway.
...
I did go visit Dad,
but made him travel around
and visit other floors rather than sit
and stare at the fireplace.
We also did some kitten training.
...
Went out for supper with friends,
and did not feel the need
to be the ringleader or interpreter
for the whole table,
but instead focused on my happiness
and my "date's" happiness,
leaving my mother to fend for herself.
...
I came home
and finished a bit of work
without pulling out my hair or panic-ing.
A DEFINITE IMPROVEMENT.
...
I ignored the fact
that no one did chores today,
and just did what was necessary
to keep me happy.
If only I could keep up
this particular way of thinking.
...
I was in bed by 11!
My goal is to get to 10:30
and screens off by 11,
but that is a process
to be accomplished
over TIME
not over NIGHT.

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts