JAN 25

January 25th 2017

A month ago today,
we were celebrating Christmas,
if you are Catholic
that means the birth of Christ,
a new begining.

Then we celebrated the calendar New Year.
Did you make resolutions?
Are you sticking to them?

I am in a state of change here,
some because of age,
some because of circumstance,
some by choice 
and some by necessity.

No matter how this state came about,
or the influences that caused it,
or choices I made....
THIS moment is the end result.

My 49th year of life 
needs a change,
and wishing it does not bring it about.

I WISH
I was a lythe woman 
who could travel and enjoy
the many amazing places here on earth,
that there are to see 
and experience.

I WISH
my family was all well 
and able to enjoy the luxuries
their life in Canada afford them.

The fact is,,,
I am in a rut.

I am in mid deciion
about the terms of my new changes.

I hope to spend some time contemplating
just what I want out of the other half
of my life here on this planet.

At 94
I do not want to say that I spent my days
straightening the furniture
and cooking spaghetti.
I NEED more out of this life than that.

I am in great need of a kick in the butt
to enjoy this bit of respite from my disease....


Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts