JAN 18

January 18th 2017

How can life throw
such hard curve balls
and you not see
it coming right at you?

I finally got enough nerve,
to go see a dentist.
No meds to go in either.
I spent TWO HOURS
in the chair,
being x-rayed, charted,
poked and cleaned.

By the time I left,
not only was I sore
but I was in tears.

Sometimes,
I think knowing what is true
and hearing someone say it,
can be polar opposites.

The dentist told me
what I had pretty much
known PLUS some.
After 20 years of steroids,
and 6 years of chemo drugs,
my teeth are hollow.
That is why they
are shattering and sore.
I have a lot of work
to be done ahead
if I am to save my teeth.

We will start by having
3 removed this Monday,
having almost every other one
built up or a cavity repaired.
Then later we will
talk about the 3-5 crowns
that are needed!

I didn't go to LDO,
Judy drove me home
with a tensed up and sore body,
and a massive headache.
I slept away most of the
whole afternoon.

So,
Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts