apr13

April 13th 2016

The first Day of the rest of my Remicade.

I got up less sore than yesterday,
and spent an hour,
fussily cleaning, dressing and packing
for the day at hand.

Judy had today off,
and was driving me to the appointment,
and then off for a manicure and lunch
and a bit of alone/distressing time.

We packed up the truck,
and headed off for Judy's haircut (trim).
While she did that,
I ran to Simply Pure and not only
got water for the house...
but got a water dispenser and 2 jugs for the crop.

Then off to Lyle Cook who donated
coupons for all the croppers.
Happily I ran back to pick up Judy.
Then we were off to Mount Brydges
to get cookies for the crop from Hollandia.
They gave us a great deal.

Next we were off to K Kup Korner
for some add-on door prizes.
We also made a pit stop
and got some extra door prizes from my niece!
Staples for new markers,
and then the hunt for a party place which
we found out JUST closed.

Time for me to bite the bullet,
and Judy brought me to the infusion clinic.
A little nervous,
but brave...



I managed the IV insertion relatively calmly,
and Judy was off.
I was the ONLY one in the clinic
other than the nurse.
We turned on "The Intern" and loved it.

I learnt more about what they were doing to me,
that although this is a last ditch effort
to make the Remicade work,
there is a new just approved drug,
and I fit the criteria!
That makes me a bit calmer,
as Remicade had been the only drug out there
that I could have due to allergies.

I got blood work drawn and hopefully,
we will see an improvement
in my blood cell count and iron.

Judy arrived at 3:30 to get me,
and we started the trek back to St Thomas.
We made a quick pit stop at
Shirley's Talbotville Market
(but she was not there)
and popped into Oegema.

Tonight we had
maple bourbon turkey breasts
and fettucinni.

An early night for me,
it is exhausting being unwell!!!
But all is good and I am thankful
for everyone's prayers and good wishes.


Good night from John Street




Comments

Popular Posts