apr30

April 30th 2016


Today was b-u-sy!!

Judy and I headed out with a pick up list,
and by the time we got home,
she needed bed.
She managed to get whatever
cold-flu-ickiness is going around.

John and I spent the afternoon
finishing the garden we planned
for beside the new driveway.
We got it dug out, new dirt,
black clothed, mulched, solar lit
and new plants planted.

I love it!
I am filthy but it looks fantastic.







Sometimes you read an article and just relate.

That happened with this one.






Reclaiming What It Means to Feel Beautiful as a Medically Complex (Teen) Person

I felt like I was hiding all the time. Your self image wears thin when you’re under the impression that you have to spare the world from the reality of your existence.

It wasn’t what I wanted, so I just decided to stop believing who I am is something to be ashamed of.

I’m pretty medically complex; a lot of my body has failed me. I’ve slept through a lot of my life, but wow, do I ever appreciate my moments of wakefulness.
It’s hard to learn to love your body time and time again after it’s failed you, but it’s possible. I’m starting to embrace my flaws and seek beauty in my differences. I no longer hide that which keeps me alive, no matter how strange it may appear to the outside world. Every day has an opportunity to educate the world or at least show one person they have something to offer to it.

As I collect every new scar, tube, line and device, I must learn again to appreciate them as a step forward as opposed to a setback, something that adds to me rather than detracts. My disabilities and conditions are an integral part of the person I have become, but they by no means define me. Only I can decide how I want to be known, but I must first muster up the bravery to want to be seen. No one is meant to live their lives in the shadows.

From trembling lips I (said) can say “Here I am world,” and I’m ready to take it by storm.



As many people who live with chronic illness know, laughter is sometimes the best medicine. A sense of humor can be essential to getting up each day and moving forward despite the many challenges that chronic illness may bring with it.
And with this little bit of laughter....
I say Good night from John Street
chronic illness meme: they say always trust your gut. have you met my gut? you don't want to trust that bastard.




Comments

Popular Posts