oct7

October 7th 2015

Some days I wake up and I am a machine!!!!
Started the morning by stripping the bed, getting dressed and making coffee, which was unnecessary as Charlotte no longer goes to Curves on Wednesday, so it was not needed.

Then I had planned to make cabbage rolls, but quickly found out that the breaker had shut off the power to our freezer! The one with 1/4 of a cow in it... some time last night. Thankfully, it was only the carrots we put in last night that weren't frozen. Cold but not frozen. (do you wanna build a snowman...)

I figured this was as good a time as any, so I straightened out that freezer, last night I did the kitchen one! I had stuff in there I did not even know about. Like 300+ meatballs.

And so with a crisis averted, I went back to the cabbage rolls. The sauce was simmering nicely in the countertop roaster. I was unaware purple cabbage could make your hands as purple as mine became. I had just thought it would look nice when they were served.

A quick tidy of the kitchen and I had tomorrow night's dinner and some freezer meals made! With a bit of work, I had a clean living room and dining room too!

I spent some time helping Mom plan Thanksgiving dinner for this Monday, helped Judy work out the wireless printer and managed to defrost the pop fridge's freezer and organize it. I found more cookies than I could ever use in there! Also some cheesecake!

Made a deal with Judy, if she loaded my truck with the laundry, and dropped it off at the laundromat, I would do it all tonight while Greg and her were off getting some Chinese food. Within two hours, all the laundry was back home, washed, dried and folded.

When I got home, I got the last few pots soaking, the bed remade with clean sheets, and tonight I will be relaxing (with some cookies) and watching a movie.


But now it is time to say good night from John Street.


DAY 3 - Oct 7th:
TO DO TODAY:

Set up a 3 month calendar in a public space, everyone in the family will see. Encourage them to add things ASAP when they learn of upcoming exams, pageants, parties or even the need for a ride! Even the most organized among us can fall short during the Holiday season. With everyone participating in so much, schedules and appointments can get lost in the chaos if left to memory or post it notes. Get as fancy as you want, by colour coding each family member!

HOLIDAY TIP OF THE DAY

Start to force your Christmas bulbs. Want an amarylis FOR christmas or want to give paper whites as a gift? Blooming bulbs make a fresh, fragrant holiday gift and is easy and inexpensive. BUT! they take time. Bulbs are at their best showing at 8 weeks.

ORGANIZED TIP OF THE DAY

Sunday Check In. Start a Sunday morning (or equivalent that works best for your family), to double check the calendar, add or delete events, check the planner and assign the tasks for the week to family members. In our family, we add the tasks we did not accomplish the week before to the coming week’s job list. Sometimes the tip of that day does not fit our schedules yet.

Comments

Popular Posts