oct15

October 15th 2015

What is it about change that scares people so?

My life is in a massive amount of change, and honestly when it first started, it scared me. I do not think each change was really so bad, but having so many things change so quickly was overwhelming.

I embraced the change when Judy came into our lives. Her going to school, and the changes that brings did not sadden me. Watching her grow has been both aggravating and enjoyable, making me proud and confused and frustrated all at once. Our little tater tot is now a woman on a mission.

When told they grow quickly, a parent nods and says yes. To actually experience a child change is something you do not actually see... it just suddenly has happened.

Now she is out doing what she dreamed, so proud, with big dreams and hopes. Hard to believe all that time has passed so quickly, but I her growing does not scare me as much as the hurt that adulthood brings. So I choose to focus on the happier parts to come.

John has always been a bit of a rebel. Going at his own pace down his own path, trying to do it alone, when I have been here to go through it with him. It seems so long ago, when we bought this house, and had normal jobs. Jobs that brought us home each day and weekends to spend together,

Now his path had a fork in it, and choosing the more difficult path, with its twists and turns and unknown parts, is much scarier that just staying on the path he knows. Nervous only because he chooses to be. I embrace this new opportunity, seeing only good in the future and more time to be with the man I married.

I see only the good parts of having him home, although I am sure if asked I could list a lot of negatives too! There will definitely be a learning curve to living in the same house 24/7 but I am happy to have the company of someone I know better than he thinks I do.

I am aware of the consequences of only seeing the big fluffy clouds and the bright side of everything...
But I see no need to add the dark clouds to a world already filled with too much negative.

So me an my unicorn are going to trot off to bed,
after a very busy day, that seen me accomplish much more than expected.

Good night from John Street.

Comments

Popular Posts