oct22

October 22nd 2015

A day of mixed emotions and sentiments.

I am feeling much better than I did on Sunday and Monday.
For most people, a cold or flu is awful,
but it doesn't warrant strategic planning to go on with life!

Unfortunately anyone taking
2 kinds of immune system killing medications
knows the absolute and total fear
that waved through our home when Monday,
I was unable to get out of bed.

The dental surgery was at risk.
So what right?

Well for me there are only a few days
when my system isn't AS affected my the medications...
The last 7 days before Remicade.
The surgery would not only have been delayed
because of our loss of dental benefits
with John changing jobs,
it would also have to be re-arranged
to be in this time frame.

If the surgery had been performed
and I had needed antibiotics,
I would not be able to have Remicade
next week,
as there is a waiting period after antibiotics!

BUT
all is fine.
The teeth are fixed for now,
the pain is significantly less
and will get better day by day.

No antibiotics were needed.
Remicade is a go on Tuesday.

John is working his 2nd last run to Kelloggs tonight.
He was given a good bye card
from one of the companies he picks up at.
Although nervous
(both of us)
we are also really excited about this change.
I have already said it,
but it will be a lot like dating again.
Learning who we are now after 15 years
of seeing each other a maximum
of 48 hours a week
communicating mostly by phone.

Judy is now so busy
I hardly have time to see her.
She is all wrapped up in so much,
but I am so proud she is strong enough
to take on all this responsibility.

Tomorrow proves to be a busy day!
The Crohn's and Colitis Crop for a Cure
is on Saturday and I have been asked
to help set up the room tomorrow,
and possibly be working in the kitchen
doing meals on Saturday.

Well,
I have already said good night to John

and so I say good night to you,\from John Street.


Comments

Popular Posts