july25

July 25th 2015

What a great day!
I slept in
and although I had to take pain killers,
my wonderful daughter and husband
were there without complaint to help
get ready for the party tonight.


The last few days have been so warm!
Judy and I got a lot of pre-party stuff done ahead,
but a lot cannot get done 
until right before.
John managed to arrive home early
and insisted that he had to mow the whole yard.
Judy and I were busy getting the chocolate treats finished.
cake pops dipped in chocolate 
and chocolate peanut butter marshmallows.


Sooooo many people helped
celebrate John's 48th birthday in so many ways.
So many facebook messages,
phone calls, cards and gifts.
NONE were necessary but all were very appreciated.
I love that my friends and their husbands 
consider celebrating my husbands birthday 
important enough to come.
Although for the first time
since we bought this house,
I had no theme for the party,
or extravagant menu, everyone still had a good time.


I am off to bed,
happy in the knowledge that John had a great night.
He had to work ON his birthday,
and was really disappointed.
Thanks you to everyone again for 
making the party wonderful.


All the memories are much appreciated.

Good night from John Street.





Comments

Popular Posts