jul31

July 31st 2015


Propaganda!

I feel like an idiot,
taken in by mass media.


I NEVER read the news,
I find it boring and most often depressing....
Yes John and Hal,
that means I do like my perfect little world 
with my light fluffy clouds and smiley faced families.
Generally
I just read the yahoo highlights, 
and very rarely much further than just the headline itself.
UNLESS
it is about endangered animals,
then I just can't help but read it.

Today however,
I caught a glimpse of an article about a blue moon.
I wanted to go back and read it 
but got VERY busy today.

In passing this afternoon
 I mentioned it to my nephew Ryan 
and told him I would let him know when to go look.
He probably thinks his Aunt is crazy now!


About 8:30pm I found out
the blue moon was tonight!
I immediately called his mother 
and insisted he go out and look,
*(before I had gone and looked myself).
Much to Charlotte and my disappointment 
(and I am sure Ryan's)
the moon was not blue.

In fact it was never supposed to be!

A blue moon 

is defined as the second occurrence of a full moon 

in one calendar month

and has nothing to do with the moon's actual color. 

The previous full moon was on July 1.



I WAS ONE VERY 
DISAPPOINTED PERON
WHEN ALL THAT  I SEEN 
IN THAT SKY WAS 
A BIG
WHITE MOON!


Otherwise 
my day was quite lovely.

A visit from Ken and Teresa and Ryan
with a yummy bbq'd lunch
made by Judy.

A nice afternoon nap 
before I went to Lambeth 
to try and find 
my other nephew's baseball game,
and then it happened...


I couldn't sleep.
Judy had brought me 
a yummy creamscicle ice cream concoction 
from work tonight, 
and we sat down to watch a little tv.
Here I have sat.
I am just crawling into bed now
to try to get some sleep.

John is home tomorrow 
and we are going to go try to find Keagan's game
one more time.

Good night from John Street.

Comments

Popular Posts