july19

July 19th 2015

What a lovely night's sleep!
When I finally did get comfy last night
I slept most of the night
and well into the morning.
As a matter of fact it was 11am!
I needed a shower and some breakfast.


My friends will attest to the severity 
of just how hot I can get.
This has gone on for years... 
and years and years it seems.
Although I can say the purple hot flashes are over,
my internal body temperature has been high enough
on my neck to be used 
by family and friends to warm their hands.



John called in with his truck grocery list
and as Judy was at work anyway,
I figured I would get it out of the way.
Off to WalMart I headed.
Ran into the Lales
just before I became hot enough 
to stick my head in the freezer section!
Spent way more than intended,
but we were out of everything at home and in the truck.


After loading the truck
I sat in the truck praying my truck a/c would get colder!
I also wondered 
how in the world I was going to unload the truck 
without dying again. 
That was an epic failure 
as not only did I have to get it in the house 
but put it away too.
I could barely breathe once I got it all in.
I sprayed cold water all over me to cool down
and I took a break in the tv room 
with 2 fans, a cold drink
stripped of my soaking wet clothes.


Once I finally got the groceries put away,
I headed to the shower.
SOOOOOO much better.
I grabbed a summer weight night gown 
and decided not to move from my cool room again
for the rest of the day.
John made pizzas for supper,
delivering Judy's to work as she got an extra shift tonight.


Not to be surprised by anything in my house,
John had a nap in the upstairs bedroom
(how does one sleep in that kind of heat?)
I can barely stand the temperature
in an air conditioned room with 2 fans.
John and Judy walk around fully dressed
and I want ice packs to cool down.

As a matter of fact,
when I went to Judy's graduation
I brought a wonderful towel wrapped ice pack
to survive the temperature.
I brought a fan to her cadet annual parade.


I made a suggestion to friends this week...

Millions of menopusal women 
would buy any comfy product they could find
like:

#1
build an air conditioned recliner for 1!
#2
a walk in freezer with a sofa and tv.
#3
ice pack underwear.


Good night from John Street.

Comments

Popular Posts