july15

July 15th 2015

Happily reporting 
that my body seems to have kicked 
whatever it had contracted last week.


I did sleep in this morning,
as I took some advice from my husband 
and tried to cut back the pain medication.
That was a bad idea,
so it took a bit to get back to a workable state.


Good thing I was up!
It is coffee wednesday and I forgot.
Arriving first was Charlotte 
who was concerned about her choice of dresses
for an upcoming wedding.
So I was treated to a bit of a fashion show.
Next to arrive was Caroline.
After a bunch of trials and opinions
we all decided on the right dress
and Charlotte was quite happy.


We heard a Vroom Vroom and Judy ran out
to greet our next guest.
My cousin Vanessa had arrived on her motorcycle.
After a bit of small talk,
we were left to catch up.


Vanessa had grown up coming to St Thomas.
Her maternal grandfather lived
a couple of streets away from where I live now,
but had never had Mackie's fries,
so off to Port Stanley we went.


We had a few giggles
and drove directly to Shaws.
Another treat she had never had before.
Although,
growing up together in St Catharines
we often visited the AVONDALE ice cream  
which is very similiar.
Judy drove us past the Armouries to show off to Vanessa
and we headed home.

Judy seen Vanessa off to London via Wellington Road
and I decided a nap was in order.
Although I am feeling better,
my body is still demanding an afternoon nap.


 When I woke up 
I did feel better.
Judy had walked the dog,
and mowed the front and side lawns.
She also started on the big project 
of ripping the peel and stick tiles out of the back room.
A much messier and time consuming job 
than I think she anticipated.

Soon it was homemade pizza and NCIS together 
on the tv room recliners.
I fought with and lost many a battle with the WiFi tonight,
so I was not communicating much with my online world.

Talked to John
and managed enough internet for this blog.


My buddy Shooter 
(the beagle - hence the snoopy cartoons tonight)
who has been laying all over me ALL night,
is saying it is time to lock up and call it a day.
So........


Good night from John Street.

Comments

Popular Posts