Tuesday July 15th 2014

Being alone and feeling alone are two entirely different feelings.

You can choose to be alone, stay at home lock the doors and keep to yourself. You can choose to escape and stay off computer sites and not use the phone.

But what about when you feel alone when in a crowd of people....even your friends???? What about those days when nothing will comfort you? Not the group of people you have surrounded yourself with, your family or your pets? What if you just felt ALONE?

I don't think it is unusual to feel like this. I don't think I am depressed or need medications. I think I am lost in a world of busy lifestyles, traveling husband and a daughter out starting her adult life a bit early. I think I am going to have to find who I am going to be when, in just a short time, I will have that room upstairs to scrapbook in, when I won't have to drive her around, when all this quiet time will be everyday. I need to figure out what I want to experience.....
























My Dad told me recently that he was proud of me. That he thinks I chose my friends wisely. That he is so happy I have a group of people there for me when I need help. I think he may even be a little jealous that I have such a strong knit group who is there for me when I have needed them.

But, this journey, isn't about how strong they are. This journey is to find out how I want to spend the rest of my life. My friends can only help me along the way, they cannot choose for me.

My gift for organizing does not help make this journey easy. I want to plan it out and know where the pitfalls will be, but that is not something you can do. So the decisions I need to make, make me panic a little.




On the news from my world today however,




**LDO was very much fun even though I had to leave with a bad headache early
**Dad's doctor has given him the ALL CLEAR saying he is now cancer free
**Judy is out having fun in Ottawa, and it is clear she WILL have a date for their semi-formal dance
**John's party on saturday is looking promising, with the delivery of the Sunset Gourmet products
**Tomorrow will find me out to lunch with Chelsey and a trip to Hollandia
**Thursday will find me on a road trip to Woodstock

All in all a fun week...........ending in a bbq party...... gotta love it.



Comments

Popular Posts