Wednesday July 16th 2014

It is a laugh riot some days talking to my father. I am sure on some level he understands just how funny he is when he is having a good day. Today we talked about his puppy. Mom has promised him a dog. A small poodle. He has wanted one for quite some time, but now they are actively looking for one. BUT the deal is Dad has to walk the dog once a day sunshine, rain or snow. He also has to be actively involved with its care. So when he was in the hospital it was a game for a while to bring him in stuffed animals of different sizes..... Judy sent a St Bernard! So when I called today, Mom informed me he has taken one of the smaller dogs, and is practicing "remembering" it is sitting beside him, takes it with him wherever he goes.... to see if he can handle the responsibility. Mom asked this morning where the dog was, he replied sleeping beside him. Mom laughed and asked if he should think about taking it for a walk, it might pee on the floor. Dad bent over looked at the floor and said nope, no pee over here........ I am glad his sense of humour is coming back, I am sure Mom is too.
.
Judy is busy getting ready for spirit day at camp. Next week is Christmas in July at camp. They will celebrate with a semi formal dance. 2 boys are interested in taking her, but must first get approval from her officer! Last I heard, one had been given the go ahead, and was trying to think of a cute way to ask her. I told her to send pictures! She sounds like she is having a ton of fun.

Me? I spent the day with Cailyn and Chelsey today. We visited Hollandia and the Gingerbread bakery, Michaels and Red Lobster! We had fun even though Chelsey chickened out of holding a live lobster! It was her very first visit to Red Lobster and during crabfest too.

John is home tonight, he is on flatbed for the next week. He is pretty eager to get to tasting all this Sunset Gourmet stuff at his birthday bbq on Saturday. We went out and bought all the fixings today. He is in a pretty good mood too....weird.

Shooter is still sulking, even though John and I took him for a walk, and he got a chance to visit with Memphis. He so misses Judy. I am sure he will get lots of attention at the party.

All in all a very nice day.



Tomorrow I am headed to Woodstock to scrap with ???? girls.
Not sure who all is going or just stopping by.
So bed time for Debbie, so I can get up early to go.

Good night all. TTFN



Comments

Popular Posts