Thursday July 17th 2014

I wonder sometimes what my life would be like now, if I had not read that small ad in the pennysaver 8+ years ago. A small advertisement for a free make and take at a small scrapbook store here in St Thomas caught my eye.
#1 why was I reading the newspaper? as I do not usually do it nor enjoy doing it
#2 what the heck was scrapbooking?
#3 why did I not run when I met the crazy people in that store?

To say I knew little about scrapbooking is being generous. I liked the whole idea, but the cost was ridiculous! What crazy person spends 50+ cents on a sheet of paper...... why wasn't it ok to use construction paper..... it was cheap..... I had been to a home party and the idea spiked an interest but the cost was still holding me back.......

Then I met the CNP (Cut and Paste) ladies of St Thomas. I was addicted immediately. I tried to stay under control! I tried not to buy the pretty pretty paper, I knew I had enough buttons, I knew I would only use that stamp once........ but in the end, I lost my battle and was fully sucked into the scrapbooking world I live in today.











We summed it up one day with this realization:
*pretty paper makes you smile
*you are using pictures of someone or something you love
*you are surrounded by people that harbor the same emotional turmoil you face when you see sparkly brads or buttons
*there is usually food involved
*children are viewed as cute INTRUDERS on scrapbook days
*someone is always willing to scrap with you or shop with you or look at magazines with you
*if they join in your group, they are likely functioning at the same insanity level
*classes are more fun as a group
*no adult woman is an island....... we all needed each other and have a place in this group

It is an amazing thing to find a group of women who range in age from 20 something to 70 something, that can spend hours together having fun cutting up paper and gluing it back together. All so we can glue down a picture.

People who can care for each other sometimes better than the families we were born into. Who accept our faults and love us anyway. Who are there to male sure you are ok when you aren't on facebook for longer than 24 hours at a time!

Today was amazing, exhausting, fun, productive, insane, a laugh riot and a very small commitment of time to my scrapbooking family. Thank you to all who could come out today, and to those I have had equally amazing days with on other occasions.......

Good night.

Comments

Popular Posts