Feb 15

02-15-18

Welcome to the middle
The dead middle of the month....

Been to Disney -  Haunted Mansion

Anyway...  Thursday.
A foggy Thursday morning.
Woke up with a lot of pain
In my right leg.
Popped on a knee brace
Cause it was going to be a busy day.

Packed my bag,
Did a few chores,
Made a grocery list...
And I was off.

First: Valleyview
I am now the coffee lady
For Thursday and Sunday mornings!
Visited with Dad... who requested
No donuts
- homemade butterscotch to chip cookies.
He was in a goofy mood today
And happily announced "see ya later"
Which was when I realized
It was also pub night!!!

Second: Freshco
Worked my list
And then found 80% of what I needed.

Third: TD
Banking done

Fourth: Walmart
Found the last items there.
Groceries complete.

Fifth: Weeks cooking
-Mac and cheese
-ham wrapped asparagus
-manwhiches
-Taco bake
-stuffed eggplant and pasta
-2 loaves chocolate banana bread

Plus: a ton of small chores including:
Washing all the prep dishes,
Portioning and freezing
And putting away groceries.

Finally sat down,
And John took a look at my knee.
Swelling, heat and pain.
He figures I overstretched it
In my sleep. Tylenol, Voltaren
And the brace helped.

Sixth: Mom's
Hung a glass star,
Fixed a cross stitch stand,
Reminded her to take her phone
OUT of her coat pocket
And then took a load of donations.

Seventh: Pub night
Back to Valleyview  for pub night.
Very busy there tonight!
And John was popular with the ladies
Wearing his cowboy hat
And giving out chocolates!
Dad was happy munching
On a piece of fresh banana bread
And pocketing his fresh can of cashews,
All the while having a couple beers.

Eight: pjs
Got home and changed.
We ate a late supper
And John went for a nap
While I searched ebay for a "client"
With my feet up....

Now I have just gotten John off to work
And I am taking more tylenol
And crashing.
A very busy day!

Good night from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts