Feb 18

02-18-18

Happy Sunday.
The first Sunday in lent
And John and I made it in plenty of time
For the 9am mass.
In fact we beat Mom
Who walked right past us and sat in the pew
RIGHT in front of us!

Next we were off to Timmies
And then Valleyview by 10am.
Dad was by the fireplace when I walked in.
He looked a little tired,
But I told him to take a deep breath
And he sounded fine.
I left John to entertain him
And went to set up the coffee.

By the time John and Dad came over,
Dad was Lissy. Said his eyes were burning
But wouldn't go get drops put in.
So I left him to pout
And continued setting up the coffee.

Mom arrived with Tink and lunch
And Dad was off to the 7 minute mass.
When they came out and sat down,
Mom told me she heard a rattle in his chest.

About 11am Dad spilt his coffee
And that was it. The nurse was called.

Dad's symptoms are usually:
Lack of appetite
Grumpy and tired
Audible rattle in his breathing
A raging fever
Sugars through the roof
A cough
Sometimes his right arm spasms
for lack of a better term... coma state
And no ability to converse.

Well, the nurse tested his sugars. 17.
He had a high fever
Grumpy
Arm spasms
And the rattle was back.

They took him down
And got him into bed.
He was hungry so he got some grapes
And a popscicle.

By noon,
We went to check on him
After I closed up the coffee area.
Mom sat with him.
He was talking but barely,
And hardly any focus.

We left saying we would check in
By phone at 3.
They called us before that.

The ambulance was on its way.

I drove Mom to the emergency
Where Dad was being kept
In an ambulance as they had no room.
I headed home staying away
From the germ infected hospital.

Watching tv in pjs I got the call at 5pm
That he had a room in emerg,
Chest xrays and bloodwork
Were not back yet.
Mom was reading a book while he slept.

John finally got home form watching
The Dayton 5oo and at 7pm
the call was he was being admitted.
We ate supper.

9pm mom was ready to go home.
I went and got her
And she was ready for bed.
Her and Tink were going to sleep.

Now I am ready for bed.

Good night from John Street
Where I did nothing
Off my lsit today!

Comments

  1. I hope they caught it eafly again and your mom gets enough rest please stay in touch

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts